Monday, May 11, 2015

Ikat nails

What is an Ikat?

I must confess that I have seen a lot of  Ikat pattern nails everywhere, but, we really know, what is an ikat? Ok, I found out in the marvelous world of wikipedia what is that. Check out for yourself.

It was my second time doing this pattern. The first one was around 9 months ago, even I did a tutorial really were two tutorials... so long time ago, it was necessary to repeat this pattern, even I should do this frequently, but you know, there is a range of possibilities that it is hard to repeat a design, at least 2 per year.



 Tutorial right here! 


Also, you can see 15 seconds version on my Instagram.

The products used to do this Ikat nails were:

  • Masglo "Fresca" (Light green)
  • Masglo "Tiza" (White)
  • Masglo "Brillo secante" (Fast dry top coat)
  • Masglo - Acrilyc paint white, pink and black
  • Ultrafine painting brush  
Look at me, I am a juggler!
The skill to use a striping brush is developed with practice, only practice constantly as much as you can, so you can have enough control of your hand and in this way you won't have a shaky hand.


There is not necessary to be perfectionist with this design, your stripes may look weird if you do a close up of it; but, as I always say "The art is appreciated when viewed from afar".



With polished love,
Adriana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips